Saturday, April 30, 2022

Porcelain Dolls

 


Image by pasja1000 from Pixabay






Porcelain Dolls




Secret they are, sealed,
like a plate of eyes.
They’re all exact expressions
of the one soul.
I fear to call. What should they hear me?
Something in me isn’t ready. 
I had not asked for such a blood sisterhood. 

 





GloPoWriMo Day 30 - a cento

I used Poetry Foundation's collection of food poems

Here is the poem, once again, with annotations: 



Porcelain Dolls (annotated)


Secret they are, sealed,

Oystering, by Richard Howard

Like a plate of eyes.

Blackberry Picking by Seamus Heaney

they’re all exact expressions

of the one soul,

A Display of Mackerel by Mark Doty

I fear to call. What should they hear me

Harvest Song by Jean Toomer

Something in me isn’t ready 

September Tomatoes by Karina Borowicz

I had not asked for such a blood sisterhood 

Blackberrying by Sylvia Plath





No comments:

Post a Comment