Tuesday, April 5, 2022

Mountain Fairy Gets a Divorce

 








Mountain Fairy Gets a Divorce


My mother always told me to stay away from humans.

They are weak and insecure, she said.

That’s what makes them dangerous.

But love is blind

and I convinced myself this one would be different.

I thought he knew what he was getting himself into.

Then, why did he ask me to choose between his world and mine?

And when I tried to leave, why did he steal my wings?

As for the village, they had it coming.

They should have known better than to chase after me with torches and rakes.

I am glad I spared the children and the horses.

They were not to blame for anything.




GloPoWriMo Day 5 - a mythical creature doing something unusual

1 comment:

  1. Pesky dangerous demanding humans! Well done, Mountain Fairy and you.

    ReplyDelete