Friday, April 8, 2022

Across the Carpet of Stars

 


Image by Stefan Keller from Pixabay



Across the Carpet of Stars


                                                                   "Unknown the unlit world of old"
                                                                                                                                                                                 Mark J. Sandman





I will come to you in the form of an owl.

My wings will make no sound as I arrive.

Watch carefully for a shadow in the trees.

Be ready.

I will not call or wait for you long.

We don’t want to scare the others, do we?

You are the one who’s summoned me here.

Too late to change your mind now. 

Just follow me into the woods,

the unknown, unlit world of old.

There is no path you should stick to, just walk.

If you think you have lost me, never fear.

I will not lose you, wherever you stray.

You are mine now, and this is your home.



GloPoWriMo Day 8 - an alter ego

My alter ego is a shapeshifter called Lilah. She is a nocturnal creature and lives in the woods. One of my favourite songs of all time is The Night by Morphine and I always felt the song was somehow about me. It has amazing lyrics. Of course, I am sharing the actual song as well at the bottom of this post:






1 comment: