Thursday, April 16, 2020

To Sleep











To Sleep




You come and go as you please,
oh mighty one.
You bring rest and sweet oblivion.
In your infinite wisdom,
you show us the right way.
Those who drink from your well
shall not thirst,
nor crave sustenance those whom you feed.
You are sweeter than honey, headier than wine.
Innocent like the first kiss or wanton like a harlot,
you have many faces.
Sometimes you bring mirth, sometimes nightly horrors.
Please come tonight, my beloved.
Whichever shape you choose, I will welcome you.
I have been waiting for too long.
It will be a long day tomorrow and
I really need my eight hours
to look the part.





GloPoWriMo Day 16 - over-the-top compliments

2 comments:

  1. I've never seen sleep described as lovingly as this. And rightfully so, for you are right, sleep isn't values nearly as much as it should be!

    O come, rest and sweet oblivion!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I would say anything just to trick sleep into coming :D)

      Delete