Saturday, April 4, 2020

A Nightmare







A Nightmare




So, in my dream I am a dog walker.
I visit people’s homes late at night 
and ring the bell.
The owners are no longer inside, but someone opens the door
and the dogs run out.
This kind of thing can happen in a dream.
The empty homes remind me of Chernobyl.
The TV series, not the place on the map.
Except that I don’t kill the dogs.
I walk them.
The dogs lick my hands and my face.
For some reason, they are all white poodles.
Soon I have over 50 of them on my leash.
I don’t know why this scares me so, I love dogs.
We could say this is my dream job.
Forgive the pun.
A whole flock and me as a shepherd.
I wake up from this nightmare and then I decide
that I will never, ever count sheep in bed again.




GloPoWriMo Day 4 - a dream

1 comment:

  1. I like the comparison between "shepherding" the dogs and counting sheep.

    ReplyDelete