Monday, April 6, 2020

The Owl

a detail from The Garden of Earthly Delights by Hieronymous Bosch





The Owl 



I hatched this world.
Tree by tree, creature by creature,
I created you and everyone else inside.
I have laid thousands of eggs and my work is far from done.
I gave you everything so you may never want.
Now you tell me you are not happy.
You tell me this world is corrupt and evil.
I am sorry to hear that.
I followed my creative vision.
If you want something else instead,
go hatch your own egg.



GloPoWriMo Day 6 - an ekphrastic poem based on The Garden of Earthly Delights by Hieronymous Bosch

4 comments:

  1. Nicely done. You chose an interesting point of view.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. I thought I would do both - write about a creature in the picture and about the painter himself ;)

    ReplyDelete