Tuesday, April 30, 2019

A Haiku for My Bed








A Haiku for My Bed




Wild geese on the back
of a turtle, my Earth is
a flat down pillow. 








GloPoWriMo Day 30 - minimalist poetry






It is the final day of GloPoWriMo, so allow me to be a little chatty today. There are two things I am proud of:
2. I have, yet again, completed the challenge. I wrote every day and I actually managed to write more than 30 poems in 30 days. It was like a marathon, which is probably why I wrote a haiku for my bed today. The second poem is my attempt at a one-word poem. It was supposed to look like an hourglass, but I am not sure I have succeeded.The "lullaby" image at the beginning is also mine, but I created it a few years ago, though I never thought about it as a poem before. I have used it here simply because it fits in with both the topic and the prompt.
I would like to thank all my NaPoWriMo/GloPoWriMo friends. I love you all and I will miss you, but I know we will see each other again next year. Thank you for your support. Above all, I am really, really grateful to Maureen Thorson, who runs both the NaPoWriMo blog and the project itself. Thank you, Maureen.
See you all next year!





3 comments:

  1. Lullaby and tiiiiime, both work for me. :) Well done for the whole month and I'm glad I got to meet you and your work. Greetings from Tuscany!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Manja. And sorry for answering so late.

      Delete
    2. I am glad I met you too and I hope we stay in touch.

      Delete