Friday, April 19, 2019

Two Poems for Day 19





Image by congerdesign from Pixabay



The ABC Soup




B is for beet and butternut squash
C is for celery and for carrots
D is for dill and for daikon
E is for endive and F is for fennel
G is for garlic and green beans
H is for horseradish and harricot beans
I is for instant pot, I have no time
J is for Jerusalem artichockes
K is for kale and L is for leeks
M is for mushrooms
N is for nettles, the stinging ones
O is for onions and P is for peas
Q is for quinoa, it is good for you
R is for radish greens, S is for sweet potato
T is for tomatoes and turmeric spice
V is for vines, W for watercress
X is for that secret ingredient (which most call love)
Y is for yams and Z is for zucchini,
also for Zataar, to finish it off.







Image by jamesstegall from Pixabay





Thank You for Nothing




Another day.
Business as usual.
Calling my muse.
Doing my duty.
Entering the underworld, looking
for answers there.
Going deeper now.
Hoping for something, anything.
If only there was a map. 
Just keep searching. I don't 
know what I am searching for.
Look harder. I really need a 
map. I might
never finish this,
or find a way out.
Persist, persevere, perspire, perambulate.
Question everything. Burn it all.
Rinse and repeat.
Start over as many 
times as necessary.
Walk down this tunnel. Look for the
X sign on the floor. Dig.
You will have to work all night. Come on. Show me some
zeal. Give me some zest.






GloPoWriMo Day 19 - an abecedarian poem







2 comments:

  1. Haha. The second ones truly zings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. The second one was actually the first one, but I wasn't sure I liked it, so I changed their places. I can't silence this innner critic, she is so loud. Now thanks to you I might swap their places again :)

      Delete