Monday, April 29, 2019

Meditations




Image by Alexandra Haynak from Pixabay

I am proud to say that I was the Day 29 featured participant on the NaPoWriMo blog.






Meditations




On Anger



I planted a seed in my
garden long ago.
They say the fruit is poison.




On Sadness



There is a video game.
Also, there are seven secrets to letting go of it.
It is one of the six basic emotions.
Some families don’t allow it.
The rule can be conscious or unconscious.
Some suggest making a list.
Symptoms appear three days after exposure.
Most people recover in a week, but it can be hard to shake.
Wash your hands and take care of yourself.
If it keeps you awake at night,
if you can’t breathe
and feel like drowning,
this might be a sign
that there are complications.








GloPoWriMo Day 29 - a poem that meditates on an emotion

14 comments:

  1. Breathtaking! I love how you think...and obviously the way you weave these words....perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on being selected the featured participant. Both poems are so simple, yet meaningful. Lovely

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Being featured made me so happy.

      Delete
  3. Yeah, final featured poet! :) Congratulations. Looking forward to reading the second half of your month now, was just too busy. Happy poems and spring!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. Yes, the best part is that I was featured right at the end, so I have two reasons to celebrate. I am so tired.
      I will be visiting your blog too now that the challenge is over. I always have this problem - trying to post every day, then not finding the time to catch up with other blogs. We can do it in May, we have plenty of free time now.

      Delete
  4. The Sadness poem is stunning. There's something absurd about the tone which reminds me of the way people treat those with depression, like they just expect them to shake it off, and they can't really stand to look at it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, this is sadness and common cold mixed and I used Google as my source. It is hard to deal with depression or even just "common" sadness if others want you to just shake it off or if they treat you as someone contagious.

      Delete
  5. These are very powerful meditative poems.

    ReplyDelete