Saturday, April 6, 2019

Now see what you have wished upon us!




Image by Vicki Nunn from Pixabay



Now see what you have wished upon us!



And the red looked pretty upon the white snow,
and she thought to herself,
would that I had a child.
I will have a child, even if it is a hedgehog.
If all the pigeons in this field were turned to sheep and belonged to me,
as white as snow,
if all this water was turned into wine and belonged to me,
as red as blood,
call for a kingdom, for gold, pearls, rubies, diamonds,
ask for a dress the color of the moon,
ask for
a black pudding,
as black as the wood of the window-frame,
for princely garments and wealth untold,
as bright and shining as the sun.




GloPoWriMo Day 6 - the power of "if"
This is a found poem. Here are the fairy tales I used: 
Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs: https://www.cs.cmu.edu/~spok/grimmtmp/042.txt

No comments:

Post a Comment