Friday, April 5, 2019

How to Raise a Baby Alligator




Image by sven kopping from Pixabay



How to Raise a Baby Alligator


Baby alligators are much like the babies of any species
Martha, my dear
cute, little and seemingly helpless
Though I spend my days in conversation, please
It is illegal in all states to release a pet alligator into the wild
Remember me
Any pet can show aggression; be prepared and cautious at all times
Martha, my love
If you're having difficulty with your alligator, contact your local wildlife authority for assistance.
Don't forget me
Thick rubber bands can be placed around the alligator's jaws
Martha, my dear
Alligators can live in captivity for more than 50 years
Hold your head up
Survival instincts cause alligators to view humans as a threat
You silly girl
and possible dinner option
Look what you've done
a constant battle against 100 million years of evolutionary programming
When you
add rats and rabbits to the menu
Find yourself in the thick of it
reaching an adult length of 4 to 7 feet
Help yourself to a bit of what is all around you
Unable to resist temptation
Silly girl
the Caimans are smaller, but more aggressive
Take a good look around you
Create an enclosure for your alligator
Take a good look; you're bound to see
Use the lights to mimic the seasons
That you and me
Offer food at the same time every day
Were meant to be
Use a different routine
For each other
getting ready to feed
Silly girl
you definitely don't want them to confuse the two
Hold your hand out
they have to be removed eventually
You silly girl
These can be purchased frozen from a reptile house
See what you've done
but must be completely thawed before
When you
mice pinkies, cricket and earthworms
Find…



GloPoWriMo Day 5 - lines taken from an outside text, lines that oppose each other
This is a found poem. I used alternating lines of:
and

2 comments:

  1. LOL! "You silly girl/and possible dinner option" --

    Let that be a warning, yes? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A fair warning ;) I admit, I had too much fun with this one.

      Delete