Friday, April 5, 2024

They said on time

 






They said on time



Time is an illusion, said the hourglass. Nothing ever changes, the sand never runs out. There is no yesterday, no tomorrow. Just the endless flipping about.

Time leaves its traces on everything, said the mirror. You are a reflection of who you were yesterday, but your image is never the same. For all we know, sand might be seeping through that tiny crack in your side as we speak. 

That doesn’t prove anything, the hourglass said. I don't believe in a dynamic aspect of time. For me, time doesn’t pass and I don’t believe I have a crack in my side.

The cat jumped up from where she was sleeping and knocked the hourglass off the shelf. The hourglass broke into a thousand little pieces.

The passage of time is a real and mind-independent phenomenon, she said.

Then she went back to her spot by the fire and immediately fell back to sleep.




GloPoWriMo Day 5


1 comment: