Wednesday, April 3, 2024

The Water Fairy

 










The Water Fairy




Finally, one night, she came with the flood. Fingers scraping against the wall, she pushed her head in and looked at me. What shall we do with the wall, I asked. Who is going to mend it now? She said nothing. The water kept dripping from the ceiling, seeping through the walls, a steady clank, clank, clank against the coffee-table. The neighbour must have forgotten to close the tap again. She had big indifferent fish eyes. She was not at all what I had imagined her to be. Do you eat fish, I asked, and are you a fish yourself. She still said nothing. Water was oozing down her face and hair. There was a puddle around where she stood. It was bound to leave a stain on the parquet. And then she spoke.

“Let me show you my sunken city”, she said.




GloPoWriMo Day 3 - a surreal prose poem

No comments:

Post a Comment