Tuesday, April 16, 2024

Someone else

 





Someone else




And now the wind has started.

Nothing significant at this stage,

just a pleasant feeling on the skin.

The birds are still singing and

I can hear children and dogs in the distance.

A bee is buzzing lazily around my balcony.

Or maybe it is a wasp. I can never tell the difference.

Then the sky darkens all of a sudden.

I can still hear the children. 

If anything, they are getting louder,

knowing their games will soon have to end.

The birds don’t care.

Nor does the acacia tree, full in bloom.

Spring has come early this year.

The wind is really picking up now, 

bending the acacia branches to the ground,

shaking the flowers.

I worry for the tree, will there be any flowers left after this?

And now the path underneath is full of white petals,

and the flowers smell sweeter than ever before.

Come what may,

they will dance with the wind one last time,

before they are silenced.

And what a relief it is to see,

that today it’s someone else who dies,

not me.









No comments:

Post a Comment