Saturday, April 29, 2023

So, You Want Nettle Soup?

 



Image created by Bing AI




So, You Want Nettle Soup?




Nettles may sting and prick your skin,

but don't let that stop you from diving in

to a bowl of soup that's creamy and green

with flavors so fresh and rich and clean. 


I can see you coming, armed with shears.

You must be hot in those thick clothes. 

Rubber gloves won’t help, for I will find a way.

You didn't notice that hole in the bag?

Once I’m in there, you’ll think you are safe.

I am sure you’ll want to take off those gloves.

Then I’ll attack and get my revenge.

Until then, I’ll lie low and 

pretend I am dead.




GloPoWriMo Day 29 - a two-part poem that focuses on a food or type of meal

This poem is a dialogue. The first stanza was written by Bing AI. The second stanza was written by me. 










1 comment:

  1. Haha. Quite right. Even though I'm not on their side, ever since I was trapped into thinking it was spinach. But it was THEM! Be well, Nataša!!

    ReplyDelete