Friday, April 21, 2023

Calm

 


Image created by Bing AI




Calm



Stay calm,

even when there are

thoughts.

Today I almost lost

my streak.

That’s thinking!

My perfect streak.

Breathe in,

breathe out.

Ten more minutes

of this.

Thinking!

Breathe in peace,

breathe out stress.

It is important to breathe 

naturally.

I am calm.

Though the world is

collapsing.

It is hard to beat this

calmness.

Two more meditations.

Two more apps.

My perfect streak.

That’s 20 more minutes

of my life

gone.

I am acing this.

I am

calmworthy.

My heart is

beating

too fast.

Should I get

a fourth app?

It is free.

That’s ten more minutes

of my life.

How much is that 

in a year?

Two more minutes

until it’s over.

Then I’ll be allowed to cry.




GloPoWriMo Day 21 - short lines






2 comments:

  1. Meditation and phones are hard to combine but you did it. Calmworthy is a fine addition to the English.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Yes, that word is needed in this day and age. And no, meditation and phones shouldn't go together, or you'll end up with your brain scattered.

      Delete