Tuesday, April 27, 2021

Sorry to Disappoint You

 









Sorry to Disappoint You






Zielschmerz



The reason I was brought to this world was to write timeless poetry,

to share deep wisdom and show the right way forward.

I have worked hard for this and now it’s here.

This poem is the crown of my life’s labour.

It contains everything you’ll ever need to know.

It is all there ever was and all there ever will be.

I am sorry if you expected more.








Nodus Tollens



I have been trapped inside someone else’s sloppy writing.

Everyone thinks they can write these days.

Someone started a novel about me in a thick NaNoWriMo notebook

with a manga character on the cover.

They used a fragrant pen with a pompom on top.

Then they just closed the notebook and went back to their daily duties.

Then someone else found the notebook as they were cleaning the attic.

They decided to turn this into an experimental play.

They tried to have it published, but it was rejected.

I would love to give this story some structure.

After all, there were some good moments in it.

Sadly, that would mean reading through everything, including the boring parts.

I think I will go and read a Shakespeare play instead.

Life is too short to waste it on bad reading.










No comments:

Post a Comment