Friday, April 9, 2021

A mountain fairy, before she goes to sleep

 






A mountain fairy, before she goes to sleep


Must get up early, to wash my hair. It takes forever to dry. Luckily, I have forever. That joke is stale. Must get my beauty sleep for that party tomorrow. I love dancing by the lake. Hope no mortals try to join, hate all that bloodshed. I had too much wine with Marko and his horse last night. Should have stopped after the second barrel. Then those children got lost, so I had to play their nanny. I don’t know why parents don’t pay attention. And then they say I am the one stealing their children. That little girl would have drowned if it wasn’t for me. They were after me with nets and spears that time. Lucky I have wings, so I escaped. Didn’t want to waste arrows on those fools and the child needs her parents. Must remember to knock that city down again tomorrow. Cutting trees to build their stupid towers! Who do they think they are? Glad I taught those hunters a lesson, too. No one touches bear-cubs on my watch. Their faces when the mother appeared! And when I zoomed in from behind a cloud! Marko made me a new quiver for my arrows. He has a violent temper and that horse drinks too much. Still, we get along and the wine is always good. Need to look for some herbs for that nice woman at the end of the village. To help her sleep. Also for that old lady, an ointment for her swollen feet. She always leaves me honey and walnuts. Rada’s labour is coming in three days, don’t forget. Twins. Must fix Rada’s roof, too. Can’t let the babies live in those conditions. Maybe I should build her a new house? The old lady will need help with housework. Ok, what else? Must warn mortals not to sing during our party tomorrow. Some of my friends have zero tolerance to singing out of tune.



GloPoWriMo Day 9  


No comments:

Post a Comment