Thursday, April 8, 2021

Aunt-Vera from the Third Floor

 






Aunt-Vera from the Third Floor


The earthquake changed everything.

I can still hear the rumble.

As if the earth was choking on something.

I never felt safe after that.

My bag was always packed.

I had clean underwear inside

and all my diplomas.

Crackers and water and

a warm blanket.

People don’t know how to pack for emergency,

They keep all their money inside, then

act surprised when they get robbed.

It is different here.

The only thing I really valued was

my life.

Now the fear is gone.

Here I am part of it all.

This is a noisy place.

The rumble can get very loud.

The Earth is alive. She fidgets.

Sometimes she clears her throat or sighs.

Most of the time she stops herself

before things get messy.



GloPoWriMo Day 8


3 comments:

  1. I love your personification here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I changed the pronouns from "it" to "she" at the last moment :)

      Delete
  2. Uuuu, brilliant. The first line already and then just everything.

    ReplyDelete