Sunday, April 1, 2018

Truth or Dare



Sortie
Photo Credit: tomasfer Flickr via Compfight cc

Truth or Dare


Yes, I stepped on his toes.
And, yes, I did it on purpose.
He refused to move.
He just stood there.
He was blocking my only exit.
He did it because he could.
Old people are often like that.
I really needed to get out.
He wouldn't move,
so I stepped on his toes.
I did it because he was old.
You do that to old people and one day
someone will do that to me.
Because they can.
Because I could.
That's why I did it.
I didn't really hurt him.
No, I didn't look back to see,
I just walked out.
You can't crush someone's bones that easily,
even when they are old.
I am a good person
and I don't like your game at all.
Who gave you the right to absolve me?
I never stepped on your toes.
One day, when I am old,
someone will do that to me.
Someone always does.
Someone nice.
It's always the nice ones who do this.
I hope you are around when they ask my forgiveness.
What do you think I will say?


GloPoWriMo Day 1 - a secret shame



2 comments:

  1. interior is where all shame resides, isn't it? you've captured that ~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It is good to connect with you again this year.
      Yes, I consider this my worst sin. I have probably done worse things in my life, but I don't remember ever being so deliberately cruel.

      Delete