Wednesday, April 4, 2018

The Job



I Must Try Harder
Photo Credit: jeffdjevdet Flickr via Compfight cc

The Job


My textbook is falling apart.
The letters are fading and
I have lost the page with the key to
Exercise 7.
I forgot the word for “dog” the other day and
I misspelt “yolk” on the board.
I told my students they shouldn’t give me their seat if they see me on the bus.
There will be time for that.
Maybe one day I’ll carry a walking cane and I’ll forget more words.
Hopefully they will still be able to laugh with me or at me, as long as there is laughter in my classroom
as I grow old in this job which is for young people only.
If I worked at Hogwards at least I would be able to turn myself into a cat
and sew missing buttons onto my robe with a wand.
Because the eyes are the first to go and the job needs to be done.


GloPoWriMo Day 4 - concrete nouns and specific details

2 comments:

  1. Did you mean sew missing buttons? I like your poem. I find my heart going out to the marrator.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Bennie. And thanks a ton for catching that typo.

      Delete