Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Two Poems for Day 6


                                     Roots by Frida Kahlo


Out of This


I don’t know what will grow out of this.
I asked, but they wouldn’t tell me.
So I wait.
I lie there patiently.
I slap mud onto myself.
I am wide open
for everyone to interpret
as they will.
As a metaphor,
I might be predictable and plain.
As a process,
I am unstoppable.
One day there will be fruit.
I can’t wait to see what grows
out of this.

2016 April PAD Challenge, Day 6


TK 278
Photo Credit: KORTE IMAGING via Compfight cc


Is It Edible


What is this fruit?
Is it edible?
I wonder.
I have never seen anything like this.
It is red and juicy.
It smells sweet.
Maybe it’s poisonous?
I will never find out.
It’s beyond my reach.


GloPoWriMo Day 6

No comments:

Post a Comment