Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Going Home




It is Day 30 of NaPoWriMo. NaPoWriMo and April PAD offered very similar prompts today. It is a logical way to end the challenge, we are "going home". I'll be away for a couple of days, but when I come back, I'll write another post where I'll try to reflect on the experience. I am also looking forward to reading more poetry by other participants now that I have a bit more time. And let's keep writing.

By the way, I am very pleased with myself. Just like last year, I managed to post every single day and there are days when I wrote more than one poem. It was a great experience.






It is time to leave.
No point lingering in the forest
now that the party is over.
It is downhill from here and
I can see the village in the distance.
I am grateful to the night creatures
and to that pack of wolves that adopted me.
I will miss you all.
Now I have to go home.
Hopefully I will know how to behave
when I get there.
I'll have to remember
that I am supposed to be afraid
of the dark.
I will need a new hobby.
Knitting or gardening
might be a good choice.
I haven't looked at myself in the mirror
for a month,
but I am sure it's nothing
that can't be fixed
with an elegant dress and
some make-up.

No comments:

Post a Comment