Friday, April 5, 2013

A Box Full of Trinkets


Buttons cc licensed ( BY ) flickr photo by ahisgett: http://flickr.com/photos/hisgett/504354910/


Just start
And keep going
It will all make sense in the end
The words
A box full of trinkets
That dog
Who loved you
That afternoon
When the sun was hot on your skin
And the cold wind
On that graveyard
Your life
Full of trinkets you don’t need
But can’t throw away
A box
Where every button or a piece of thread
Might be needed
To stitch it all together.



My Day 5 NaPoWriMo poem and the prompt is taken from the April PAD Day 5 challenge (write a plus poem). I got stuck and almost didn't write this one, so I played some sad music in the background, closed my eyes and started typing. Then I just kept adding stuff.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome post for today's NaPoWriMo challenge! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete