Sunday, April 14, 2013

The Nice Girl in Your Neighbourhood


Wonder Woman cc licensed ( BY NC ND ) flickr photo by pullip_junk: http://flickr.com/photos/pullip_junk/7681283188/



I was made of clay
And I am as old as the Earth itself.
Nothing about me 
Is the way it seems.
My magic is powerful,
My clothes are lethal weapons,
My wings are invisible
And you’d better never get to know
My rage.
I can be sweet and modest
If that is required.
But don’t you ever
Lie to me
And, whatever you do,
Don't stick around
If I decide to take off
My bracelets.

My NaPoWriMo Day 14 poem.

4 comments:

  1. Love it. Wonder Woman is such a fun choice for this one. I wrote about her too. And I've never read one of her comics, but only remember the old 1970's TV show.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, she is great, isn't she? I have never read the comic (never been much of a comic fan) and I have never watched the TV show. So, I did a bit of research yesterday and decided I really like Wonder Woman.

      Delete
  2. I wish I had bracelets like that. That lasso that makes people tell the truth would come in handy, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The lasso is great. I read somewhere that the first writer of the comic might have based the character on his wife, so he probably had a hard time hiding the truth from her.
      I like the bracelets and the whole "berserker rage" idea.

      Delete