Sunday, April 28, 2013

I Am Not Going to Write a Poem Today


Blank Pages In An Open Notebook Photo Credit: Pink Sherbet Photography via Compfight cc


I am not going
To write a poem
Today.
I can’t be expected
To produce
A new poem
Every day.
It can’t be done.
I won’t do it
Any more.
I refuse
To write a poem.
I have got
Nothing to say.
Go to the library.
Find yourself a nice novel.
Leave me alone.
I am going
To keep quiet.
I will not speak
Evey if you torture me.
I will not
Write a poem
Today.


NaPoWriMo Day 28

4 comments:

  1. This is great. You've captured exactly how I'm feeling!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There were a lot of days I felt like this, but now the words finally came. This was like a marathon.

      Delete
  2. Amen Natasa... This was my rhyme from yesterday:

    Today, seems the well has run dry.
    Although I've tried very hard I
    Have nothing to say
    That's not a cliche'
    But here is my old college try.

    So nice to see I'm not alone.

    ReplyDelete