Monday, April 20, 2015

My Poem, the Fugitive






My Poem, the Fugitive


She broke the law multiple times.
She is wanted in several countries.
That’s all I know.
They say she is dangerous.
Do not approach her without backup, they say.
No, I don’t know
where she is now.
Why do you keep coming
to my door?
She is not my sister,
or my friend.
We are not alike
at all.
I don’t even remember
how we met,
or why she started
following me around.
If I knew where she was hiding,
I would tell you.
Then I could have some peace
at last.


NaPoWriMo Day 20
2015 April PAD Challenge, Day 20

2 comments:

  1. Interesting- any truth there? See my words at: gramswisewords.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I guess that' the relationship I have to my poems sometimes. A "Where did this come from? Not from me" kind of relationship.

      Delete