Monday, June 15, 2015

The Moon




The Moon


She wanes.
The drawn sword,
the injuries.
Withering,
old,
she dreams of a different night.
That revelling hour,
her silver triumph.


This is my Shakespeare in Community Act 3 homework. Here's what the assignment was: "For this activity, you’ll break something as an act of literary analysis. Choose a selection of words from A Midsummer Night’s Dream and rearrange them into something else. You can use any or all of the words as many or as few times as you’d like. What you build from them can take any shape: text, image, video, a collage, a poem, a pile, digital, physical, sense-making or otherwise." I used the opening conversation between Theseus and Hyppolita. I have always found it disturbing and dark that two old enemies can fall in love and can talk about swords and injuries so freely. I started with a Wordle, but then I used Shakespeare's words to create a poem of my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment