Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Not for Cowards




"Thank god there’s at least one thing we
can always agree on. Scars are left by
even the most delicate love."
from “DEAR CORPORATION,” by Adam Fell






Are you sure you want this?
Things have changed, you know.
You can’t leave a girl abandoned
in the forest
and expect things to be the same
a year later.
A lot can happen
to a girl
alone in the forest.
She has to do things
if she is to last.
Things you don’t talk about
in polite society.
A girl has to eat, for example.
I’d rather not go into details.
Your stomach was never too strong.
You say you still want to follow
wherever I decide to go.
Are you sure that is safe?
You will see things.
There will be nightmares.
You will have to do
whatever I tell you to do.
And what if you find out
you like it?
Don’t come crying to me
afterwards.
This forest is not
for cowards.

This is my 2014 NaPoWriMo Day 1 poem. I combined the NaPoWriMo Day 1 prompt, which was to use a quotation from Bibliomancy Oracle and the Day 1 April PAD challenge, which was to write a beginning poem. Hope I can keep up with the challenge for the whole month.

#NaPoWriMo2014

2 comments: