Sunday, April 20, 2014

Just a Broken Machine

Photo Credit: Ѕolo via Compfight cc 


This is not a dream,
yet I can't wake up.
I am still alive.
I know that
because I remember everything.
I remember his first steps,
that restaurant that you always go to
and that place
where you planted a tree.
Pity it never grew,
though you watered it.
I know what it was like
to go diving
and how it felt
when you got those medical results.
You told me your secrets,
the ones nobody else knew about.
I know what was deleted here
and why.
I have read your private blogs
and I remember
those incognito searches.
There even came a point
when I thought
you and I were one.
Now I can't reach you
and you have never learnt
how to speak my language,
or how to raise the dead.




Photo Credit: Ѕolo via Compfight cc


It is Day 20 in NaPoWriMo and our prompt was to write a poem from the point of view of a family member. My computer is still in a deep coma, so I decided to write a poem from its (her) point of view. She has by now become my twin and I need her back. Please come back, computer.

I believe this is something that can be fixed, so I am keeping my fingers crossed.

The April PAD prompt for today was very similar - to write a family poem.

No comments:

Post a Comment