Thursday, April 11, 2013

Two Short Poems for Day 11


Ignite the moment... cc licensed ( BY NC ND ) flickr photo by ViaMoi: http://flickr.com/photos/viamoi/3012259645/




In Case of Fire



In case of fire
I will not save this poem.
I’ll leave it to burn.
Maybe there’ll be some sparks then.
Maybe we’ll see some passion.




Blue Smoke cc licensed ( BY NC SA ) flickr photo by lindes: http://flickr.com/photos/lindes/248862557/


If only



If I could only
Express it with clarity,
if I was better
at metaphors and such things
maybe I would be great, then.

Two tankas for Day 11 of NaPoWriMo (hopefully I have got the form right). The first poem also follows the Day 11 PAD Challenge prompt.



4 comments:

  1. These are great. I especially love the first one - can appreciate the feeling...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like In Case of Fire, too. Can easily relate to it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you. I think that we can all share the feeling of frustration when the poem refuses to behave and to go where we want it to go. After 11 days of constant search for inspiration, I am so tired.

    ReplyDelete