Monday, April 29, 2013

A Concise Serbian-English Dictionary - Part 2


Light
 Photo Credit: MrPhilDog via Compfight cc


Početak, the beginning
It was just another challenge
I was to try and fail.
Put, the road,
was not always easy,
but I forgot an important fact:
Pesma je neophodna da bi se preživelo
(a poem is necessary for survival).
A day - dan
and the smallest unit of time
is a poem.
Friends, prijatelji,
the people I met along the way.
Tajna, a secret,
what you share with friends.
Kraj, the end.
But you don't have to stop
if you don't want to.


It is Day 29 in NaPoWriMo. I have really enjoyed today's prompt, which has enabled me to 'teach' people some Serbian and to send some love to all the new friends that I have made in this challenge.Today's PAD prompt gave me more ideas, so I combined the two. This is the second poem in the Concise Serbian-English  Dictionary series (might not be the last). The first one is here. I will add an audio file to this soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment